I have extensive experience as an acupuncturist having been licensed and practicing since 1986 in California and licensed since 1985 by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists (NCCAOM). I received my training at the San Francisco College of Acupuncture and keep up with the most recent developments by taking continuing education courses on a regular basis. Some highlights of my experience are:
- Faculty member at American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- A founder of the Charlotte Maxwell Complementary Clinic, a free clinic for low-income women with cancer
- An examiner for the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists (NCCAOM)
- Educator for nurses at the VA to teach them about acupuncture
- Authored "Staying in Balance With Acupuncture" for Government West, a magazine for government managers
I began practicing acupuncture because I liked how Chinese medicine views the body and because I was impressed with the results of treatment; people get well, their symptoms decrease and their quality of life increases. Treatment is not just based on symptoms, but on each person as a unique individual – body and spirit. I believe that health care should be given with respect and gentleness, with dialogue between practitioner and client. I believe that acupuncture should be affordable. That is what I strive to provide in a warm and friendly environment.
I encourage you to explore how acupuncture can help you. Please feel free to call or email me to ask any questions you might have or to schedule an appointment.
138 Cortland Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110 email@example.com 415-824-6216